ScoutRifle.org The Scout Rifle Community
Welcome, Guest. Please Fall In or register.
October 24, 2014, 12:43:38 AM

Login with Scout Name, credentials, and session length
Recon:     Advanced Recon
Email me for forum approval: andy@shottist.com
44033 Posts in 4011 Topics by 2040 Scouts
Latest Scout: Polizei45
* Home Help Recon Fall In Enlist with ScoutRifle.org
+  The Scout Rifle Community
|-+  Members Only
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Browning Lever Action
0 Scouts and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Browning Lever Action  (Read 5069 times)
BikerRN
Scout

View Dossier
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:34:45 PM »

Howdy all.

I'm in search of a .300 Win Mag and instead of a bolt was looking at the Browning. Anybody know anything them? I'm considering one for longer distance shooting in hunting situations, 500 yards, on game like Elk, Moose, Black Bear, and Caribou.

I've always been of the opinion that bolt actions are more accurate, but I haven't confirmed that by testing two rifles of the same caliber in each platform. I like the portability of the Lever Action and have hunted with a .243 Lever Action years ago.

I already have a bolt action .308 Scout Rifle as my main hunting rifle, but want something else for specialized situations. Thanks in advance for your help.

Biker
Chainlink
JAFO

View Dossier
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »

BLR's in my humble opinion are terrific rifles....every one I have shot was a treat. Nothing in the big  bore calibers just 308 and under but they were sweet.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow  for those who do not.
BikerRN
Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:28:21 PM »

I am in search of, but have no hopes of owning one at this time. It is nice to dream though.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated just in case I win the Redneck Retirement System, PowerBall.

Biker
billt
Boy Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »

I have no experience with the Browning Lever Action, but I do have a similar rifle, a Winchester Model 88 Lever action in .308.

These guns operate on the same principal in that they are more of a lever actuated bolt action, than they are a true lever action weapon. This enables them to fire modern high pressure cartridges like the .308 and Magnum rounds. Both the Winchester Model 88, as well as the Browning BLR are capable of very good accuracy. Mine routinely shoots even inexpensive ammunition at or under 1 MOA. The Winchester Model 88 fell victim to high production costs with it's all steel receiver, and many hand fitted parts in it's intricate action. I would not hesitate to purchase a well cared for Browning BLR as these guns are very desirable.  Bill T.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Want help with your SMF Forum or WebSite contact Small Networking Assistant!