ScoutRifle.org The Scout Rifle Community
Welcome, Guest. Please Fall In or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:37:06 AM

Login with Scout Name, credentials, and session length
Recon:     Advanced Recon
44266 Posts in 4027 Topics by 2050 Scouts
Latest Scout: Yetiman
* Home Help Recon Fall In Enlist with ScoutRifle.org
+  The Scout Rifle Community
|-+  Scout Discussions
| |-+  Factory Scouts
| | |-+  GSR Magazine Search
0 Scouts and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GSR Magazine Search  (Read 2504 times)
geminijim
Scout

View Dossier
« on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:52 AM »

OK. I took the bait - hook, line and sinker and succumbed to the March sale price at Turner's  (interesting. They seem to be very available here in SoCal but my friend in the Phoenix area can't find one for love nor money).  My new Ruger "Scout Rifle" is in ten day limbo before I can retrieve it.

Question;  I want to get the five round mag. for it and there doesn't seem to be any better place to purchase one than from Ruger @ 64.00  http://shopruger.com/Scout-308-Mag-M77-5S/productinfo/90352/

Any of you-all know different/better?
Rick R
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »

I'm very happy with my GSR, hopefully you will be too.

When I called Ruger about a five round magazine several weeks ago they were on backorder and the little lady wasn't sure when they'd be in stock.

So far I've purchased a five round C Products magazine from Midway.  It feeds well and is easy to load but the floorplate slides almost all the way off after five shots.  The C Products company seems to be in some kind of state of change and i believe I can fix it with a little judicial metal work so it's staying here.

I called Accurate-Mag on Friday to order a second five round magazine and they were easy to do business with, as long as the mag arrives as promised.  Smiley  They make the magazines for Ruger so I anticipate a well made product.

I'll get a second ten round mag in the near future and then wait to see if someone makes some decent magazines out of synthetic something or other that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  I'm hoping MagPul runs with that idea.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:19:59 PM by Rick R » Logged
gooberff
Boy Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »

Go to the Ruger main site and fill out the owner notification card(warranty registration) and they will give you $20.00 off the first $100.00 you order from the Ruger Shop site.  I ordered 2 5 round mags 3-19-11 and received them in about 4 days.  When you order call in the order as doing it online does not provide the opportunity to enter the discount code you get when you submit the owner card.
geminijim
Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »

Go to the Ruger main site and fill out the owner notification card(warranty registration) and they will give you $20.00 off the first $100.00 you order from the Ruger Shop site.  I ordered 2 5 round mags 3-19-11 and received them in about 4 days.  When you order call in the order as doing it online does not provide the opportunity to enter the discount code you get when you submit the owner card.

Good to know.  Thanks for the help.
Enforcer
Scout Master

View Dossier WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »

Try these three companies; Accurate mag is the current supplier of Ruger magazines and offers them at $5 less than Ruger MSRP. Alpha makes a ten round double stack that is AICS compatible, and is 1.5" shorter than the ten round GSR/Accurate mag. The AICS offers a dbl stack 5 round mag that will be slightly smaller than the Accurate mag 5 rounder. Check my post  "My Ruger Scout Rifle Saga: Part 1" for pics of the Accurate Mag. http://www.scoutrifle.org/index.php?topic=866.0

http://www.accurate-mag.com/

http://www.alphaindmfg.com/

http://www.accuracyinternational.com

RickR

I didn't read your post just skimmed all of them; sorry if mine was a partial repeat.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:25:09 PM by Enforcer » Logged

Rick R
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »

My five round Accurate-Mag arrived today, I ordered it on Friday and the fellow who took my order was true to his word about getting it out quickly.  It looks nice, appears to be well made and best of all the base plate seems to be firmly attached.  Wink

The Accurate-Mag fits well in the rifle and fed 100% on the porch just running rounds thru the action. 

Looks like I have an excuse to make another trip to the range to check out a new piece of equipment.  Cheesy
geminijim
Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »

Well I recieved two five round mags from Ruger and they have Accurate-Mag stamped on the side (with the Ruger logo on the floor plate).  I must say that these mags are about the best made - feeling/looking rifle magazines I've ever held.  I'm sure they'll work perfectly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Want help with your SMF Forum or WebSite contact Small Networking Assistant!