ScoutRifle.org The Scout Rifle Community
Welcome, Guest. Please Fall In or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:16:29 AM

Login with Scout Name, credentials, and session length
Recon:     Advanced Recon
44957 Posts in 4087 Topics by 2090 Scouts
Latest Scout: Pa Jaeger
* Home Help Recon Fall In Enlist with ScoutRifle.org
+  The Scout Rifle Community
|-+  Scout Discussions
| |-+  Factory Scouts
| | |-+  Savage 11-111 Hog Hunter
0 Scouts and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Savage 11-111 Hog Hunter  (Read 5579 times)
stanleywc
Scout

View Dossier
« on: November 03, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »

Has anyone seen Savage Arms Facebook page?  They have a sneak peak at their 2012 lineup that includes a pretty bad looking m11 - 111 Hog Hunter. It has no info on it right now but the prospects are interesting, say if it comes in a medium/large bore caliber. I am thinking a "lite" Baby in 460 or 500 S&W with receiver sights.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
dzhitshard
Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »

After my experiences with the BAS10T and FP10 triggers when running the bolt like I was trained to, I don't trust Savage Accutrigger guns for game that can ruin your day.
Whelenshooter
JAFO

View Dossier
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »

After my experiences with the BAS10T and FP10 triggers when running the bolt like I was trained to, I don't trust Savage Accutrigger guns for game that can ruin your day.

Would you please explain what you mean?  I've never heard any complaints about the accutrigger before.  This sounds very interesting!

Whelenshooter

Shoot low Sheriff, they're ridin' Shetlands!
dzhitshard
Scout

View Dossier
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »

First, there's this
"WITH SAFETY AS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN, THE ACCUTRIGGER DESIGN REQUIRES THE SHOOTER PLACE THEIR FINGER SQUARELY OVER THE ACCURELEASE. PULLING THE TRIGGER FROM THE SIDE OR NOT DIRECTLY REARWARD WILL CAUSE THE SEAR TO DISENGAGE AND BE BLOCKED BY THE ACCURELEASE. ALTHOUGH A CLICK MAY BE HEARD, THE SEAR IS BLOCKED WHEN THIS HAPPENS. THE BOLT MUST BE RAISED AND LOWERED TO RE-COCK THE FIREARM"

I have a problem with that & shooting at things that are tougher than me. . . most everything other than a prairie dog.

Also while sending the bolt home hard, IE like you're cycling it when someone is shooting at you or something you just got a questionable hit on has turned around to talk it over with you;) , the above safety will also kick in unless you have the trigger weight cranked up toward the top end.

I am not the only one who's had that experience & it should be pretty easy to google up some similar results.

I owned the rifles I mentioned above & although accurate @ dot shooting I decided I couldn't live with the risk averse safety. I still have a couple of the .22lr accutriggers but I will pass on one for any heavier duty use.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Want help with your SMF Forum or WebSite contact Small Networking Assistant!